Children are expected to wear school uniform as we believe a uniform identifies our school and promotes a spirit of community and pride.
Any items of uniform with our school logo may be obtained from F R Monkhouse online at www.monkhouse.com. We encourage you to ‘shop around’ for all other items. Alternatively you can make an appointment to visit their store in Stoke Gifford. Here is the link to the Parent's Guide for Ordering School Uniform - www.monkhouse.com/parentguide
The uniform consists of:
- Grey trousers (no leggings), or grey pinafore dress or skirt
- Grey short trousers (not sports shorts)
- White / red blouses, shirts or polo shirts
- Red cardigan, sweatshirt or jumper (with either the school logo or no logo at all)
- Red and white striped or checked gingham dresses may be worn during the summer term.
- Black shoes (no trainers please). Shoes with high or narrow heels are not allowed.
- Black, red or white socks or tights in keeping with the colours of the uniform as far as possible.
- Year 6 children will wear a grey and red striped tie with white shirt or blouse (long or short sleeved,) and a plain red v-neck jumper or cardigan.
We also strongly advise children to wear hats during the warmer weather. Children should also have wellies and waterproofs in school at all times.
For P.E., all children should be provided with:
- Black jogging bottoms/leggings with the school logo or plain
- Red hoodie with school logo
- Black shorts
- T-shirt in the colour of your child’s House – either with school logo or plain
- Daps (pull-on, not laces, are preferred for younger children)
All clothing and personal property must be clearly marked with the child’s name. In the interest of social training, however, every child is expected eventually to be responsible for his or her own property and learn how to take care of it.
Fashion items of dress are not part of our school uniform
Parents are reminded of the importance of clearly naming your child’s belongings with either sew on/iron on, personalised tape or with a permanent marker pen.
In the interest of social training, however, every child is expected eventually to be responsible for his or her own property and learn how to take care of it.
Any lost, unnamed items are placed in the lost property box, which can be found in the main reception area.
Second Hand Uniform Shop - Unfortunately unavailable due to Covid-19 restrictions
Occasionally we will hold a second hand unform sale and parents will be notified in advance. We recommend the following donations:
- Shirt / blouse: £1
- Trousers / Skirt / Dress / Jumper or Cardigan: £2
You can make any donation to school fund for the items on the rack – please give your money to Mrs Mundy or Mrs Whitton in the office.
If you have school uniform that you would like to donate for sale, please wash it and give it to the school office.
All money raised is used to help subsidise school events (trips, theatre productions, etc).