||I respect myself, treat others as I would like to be treated, and value what I have around me.
||I have high expectations of myself and others; I focus on my learning, and make the most of opportunities which come my way
||I am always ready to be the best I can be, I try my hardest, and I persevere.
||I am enthusiastic and creative in my learning; I rise to a challenge and am curious to find out more
The staff, parents and governors have agreed that the core aims of the school are as follows:
The Tynings aims for all children to...
- Feel safe, happy, healthy & valued;
- Be self-confident and caring; embracing opportunities & challenges in order to reach their full potential.
- Develop creative and curious minds for an adventurous life-long learning journey.
- Be responsible global citizens who understand, appreciate and respect the world, its diversity and environment.
- Achieve high standards in Reading, Writing & Maths.
These aims articulate the schools vision for an outstanding future and strategic school improvement goals will be focused on achieving these.
Strategic Goals 2016-2020:
- ATTAINMENT in English and Maths at the end of each Key Stage ranks The Tynings within the top 10% of schools nationally.
- Children develop confidence and resilience to challenges through developing LEADERSHIP skills.
- Children develop CREATIVITY through access to a curriculum which is broad and highly engaging.
- Children understand their role as GLOBAL CITIZENS; demonstrating empathy and respect for different cultures and communities locally, nationally and internationally.
- All Children are HEALTHY AND ACTIVE; utilising outdoor learning opportunities.